Pastor Jessie Lopez
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. -Revelation 21:1-3
As we wait for you to come get us and take us to heaven, we pray that we can wait with hopeful longing. We pray that we can wait with joy. We pray that we can wait knowing that you will always show up for us. People may fail, but you never fail us. Father we thank you for this promise of eternal life. We, your bride, wait with anticipation knowing that you will come very soon.
- How does it feel to be the bride of Christ?
- What are you excited about the most in waiting for the second coming?
- In what ways can the bride adorn themselves for the groom?
- Take time today as you journal, walk, exercise and pray to ponder about what things are getting in the way of your joy as you wait for Jesus’ Second Coming.
- Have a special breakfast, lunch or dinner to celebrate knowing that Jesus chose you and that you have a wedding feast coming up.
Post your picture of your own “Bride to Be” sunglasses with #bride and #weazurehills for today and let us catch a glimpse of how you are being the bride of Christ with your family, community and friends.
How do you #WeAreAzureHills?
Join our Azure Hills church community as we #WeAreAzureHills together – celebrating God’s presence in our everyday moments. We invite you to share these moments, especially when we cannot share them together in person.
What is #WeAreAzureHills?
This is a daily scripture, prayer, challenge, reflection question, and photo challenge that will join us together as a faith community, as we are intentional about our connection with one another during these season.
#WeAreAzureHills Photo Challenge
We want to invite you to share this journey with your faith community and use each day’s theme to inspire a daily photo. Post each day on your favorite social media site with the theme and #WeAreAzureHills so we can all be inspired together.