Elder DP Harris
After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.—Revelations 7:9
Thank you for making each of us different.
Thank for giving each of us unique personalities, ideas, and talents.
I praise you that not one of us is a mistake.
Thank for bringing us into community with one another.
I pray that you open our eyes, so we can “see” the unique values in each other.
Build in us a dynamic growing community, so that we can love you and serve you better.
Thank you. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
- Who do you feel most comfortable around?
- Which types of people tend to be at your parties and weddings? Which types of people would you never invite?
- Which group of people do you just not understand? Which group of people are you pretty sure are WRONG? Which group of people do you feel would be better off, if they just started seeing the world the way you see the world?
- Are you open to making connections across age, cultural, ideological barriers?
- In the comment section, share two things revealing about yourself. (Not too personal, this is an open forum.)
- Find someone this week or has a different opinion that you do. Engage in dialog solely for the purpose of listening. Share your thoughts, ONLY if asked. 😊
- Listen to a genre of music that you’ve never considered before. Listen to at least three songs in that genre. Reflect on that experience.
- Pray to God to show you which areas you need to expand your perspective. Praise him for putting people in your life who are different than you.
Post your picture with #diversity #WeAreAzureHills for today and let us catch a glimpse of God’s presence in your everyday life.
How do you #WeAreAzureHills?
Join our Azure Hills church community as we #WeAreAzureHills together – celebrating God’s presence in our everyday moments. We invite you to share these moments, especially when we cannot share them together in person.
What is #WeAreAzureHills?
This is a daily scripture, prayer, challenge, reflection question, and photo challenge that will join us together as a faith community, as we are intentional about our connection with one another during these season.
#WeAreAzureHills Photo Challenge
We want to invite you to share this journey with your faith community and use each day’s theme to inspire a daily photo. Post each day on your favorite social media site with the theme and #WeAreAzureHills so we can all be inspired together.