Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. Philippians 2:1-4
Dear Father, Thank you that you have made each of us unique. Please grant that as we continue in communion with each other, we will open our hearts and our minds to the thoughts, opinions and perspectives of others. We trust your Spirit to guide us into all truths. In Jesus’ name. Amen!
- In what area(s) of your life are you CONVINCED that you are right and others are mistaken?
- When was the last time your mind was expanded by listening to someone else’s perspective? When was the last time your mind was changed?
- What cherished “truths” are you holding onto which cannot be shaken? Is that okay?
- Next time you find yourself in an argument, focus on listening to understand.
- Find someone who thinks differently than you do, and take them on a walk through Fairmount Park. https://goo.gl/maps/Lj9HrJuymsDBeRbC7
- Visit Flavor Theory with a friend, and take the time to listen to each other’s perspectives. https://goo.gl/maps/ARgCA9BSFjatFiic7
- Ask God to show you where you need to grow, and where you need to stand firm.
Post your picture with #perspective #WeAreAzureHills for today and let us catch a glimpse of God’s presence in your everyday life.
How do you #WeAreAzureHills?
Join our Azure Hills church community as we #WeAreAzureHills together – celebrating God’s presence in our everyday moments. We invite you to share these moments, especially when we cannot share them together in person.
What is #WeAreAzureHills?
This is a daily scripture, prayer, challenge, reflection question, and photo challenge that will join us together as a faith community, as we are intentional about our connection with one another during these season.
#WeAreAzureHills Photo Challenge
We want to invite you to share this journey with your faith community and use each day’s theme to inspire a daily photo. Post each day on your favorite social media site with the theme and #WeAreAzureHills so we can all be inspired together.